Monday, March 5, 2012

Broiler Chick Week 2 Update

So after 2 Weeks the chicks have gotten so big that they had to be moved from their chick brooder to a larger "grow pen." After even just1 week I had to split them up because they got too big first the first brooder. Now they are in the "Barn Tractor." I have it set up in the barn with a tarp across the bottom and then a thick layer of pine shavings. It's still pretty cold out there so I have 2 heat lamps just above their heads.









They seem much happier in their new set up.They have a lot more room to run around and it is helping things stay a lot cleaner as well. So far I am on the 2nd 50 pound bag of food and I doubt it will last past the weekend. I think in about another week or two they will be able to go outside to feed on grass and bugs.

No comments: