Thursday, August 2, 2012

Garden Update

Next year I will do things different.....I'll probably say that every year. Between the squirrels and the weeds it has been an interesting garden. Despite having 42 tomato plants I haven't picked a tomato in a month. They get to them way before they get red. 


Actually most of that green is the garden but around the watermelons and the pumpkins there is a lot of tall grass. The garden is just too thick to get a tiller in there anymore.

 The sunflowers have done great. I got two cabbage heads out of the 14 or so I planted. Bugs got to most of them.


Ok so I may have been a little of on my planting date for the pumpkins........We have orange pumpkins in August. Maybe if we are lucky some will still be around in October. I doubt it.



The watermelons are doing great too I just hope the squirrels don't find the ripe ones before I do. 



Here is my harvest from last night. I finally got some green beans. I was really late planting then as I was with everything else. Some of my zucchinis got a little big but oh well. I think the cucumbers are about done. I did get enough to make about 9 jars of dill pickle spears and chips though.


I finally moved the Guineas into the old dog kennel. They have ALOT more room now so I'm sure they are happy. I have set up a bunch of high and low perches for them so they can build up their wings before I let them out.


Here is Tab with Bristol and Drake going for a golf cart ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the guineas like their new place.