Saturday, January 21, 2012

House Update

Friday we got news from the builder that they had finished clearing our lot. I new we had some bad weather coming this weekend so I had to go see what it looked like. I have been hunting this property for years and its always been so thick with trees that its hard for me to imagine a whole acre being clear. Eventually once we are all settled in i plan to continue thinning out the woods to make room for animals and outbuildings but with the baby on the way i  am sure that will be a slow process.



They also finished putting in the driveway. Here is a video of that. The dirt part is actually a layer of dirt over some crushed concrete. I don't know why they do that. I guess it helps it get packed better.


Finally things are moving along.

I've already ordered and received my seeds for this years garden which will be my first garden in a long time.   I may have gone a little over board with the seed purchase but I'm so anxious to get moved right now I couldn't help it.

We are also going to be getting some meat chickens in the next few weeks so that should interesting. I started the new chicken tractor today so hopefully I will have more of an update on that tomorrow.

No comments: