Monday, April 2, 2012

Things I've made for May

To not expose the name we've picked for our baby we will be referring to her by her due month, May.
Since I have a real passsion for crocheting I decided I would try and make May some cute stuff! Now keep in mind I have never made anything other than blankets, scarfs, and hats before so this was all new to me! As far as following a pattern I get lost just looking at them so this was all from my head and I have to say it was a little challenging at times but ultimately it's fun to me so I really enjoyed it. Also It will be so rewarding when I see May wearing everything I've made for her!! I hope you enjoy!
The first thing I made was a sack to put her in with a matching hat!
The next thing I made is a sweater! This was the most difficult thing I made just because I had to figure out how I was gonna make each peice and then work them together but now that I know It wouldn't be difficult to make again.
Next was this Jumper which I think is my favorite! This wasn't difficult at all and I was actually able to make it all in one piece. You can't see the back but the straps criss cross! Also these buttons are hand painted porcilen buttons my mom got for me and since they were so cute and matched I couldn't help but use them!
The last thing I've made for her is this dress. Its pretty much a tube top but with straps. Also as you can see I used some more of the porcelin buttons! They are just too cute! As far as making this one it was very easy and all one piece! I can't wait till our sweet baby girl gets here so I can dress her up in these outfits!
While I was making all of theses I also made her a huge pink blanket lined in white, but I'm not going to post that one because I crotched her name in the corner of it! But for the record it came out great looking and I know it's something she would snug with for years to come!

No comments: