Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Garden Plan 2013

Well last years plan was a big Bust! I had high hopes to run 2 gardens the first year at Lee's Reach and it just didn't happen. I did have good success with the "Food Plot" garden but not one thing cam up in my raised be garden. So this year I am abandoning the Food Plot Garden and focusing on the Raised Bed Garden. Sounds backwards I know. The reasoning is I can water the raised bed garden and I cant the other. Also it's mush closer to the house and therefor I can give it more attention. It took a four wheeler ride to get to the other garden. I purchased some composted soil the other day and loaded up the beds this weekend . I have also been composting all winter so I should be able to add more as the season progresses. Last year the only thing I did was till the soil and I never added and fill dirt or compost to the beds. Also I never planted anything until late June and it was super dry and hot. Here is the plan for this year.

(Click on the picture for a larger view)

I am hoping that less is more. Fewer plants but more produce. When the garden was so far away last year the critters were able to get to everything before I was. With this new set up I should be able to "Defend" it from the house and keep a closer eye on it. 




Now it's time to start some seeds.


No comments: